South Boston, VA – April 12, 2023 – Registration has opened for the Southern Virginia gener8tor Skills Accelerator Spring 2023 Administrative Assistant program. This program is a free, 6-week, self-paced skills training program that is designed to help Southern Virginia residents enhance existing skills or develop new skills for today’s ever-changing workforce and receive a job as an Administrative Assistant.
Members of the Administrative Assistant program cohort will:
- Master communication techniques and interpersonal skills that will propel their ability to work in multiple industries;
- Explore a great entry level position that allows them to learn all areas of a company before deciding what aligns with their passions
- Learn how to coordinate information across stakeholders that is impactful and drives business revenues;
- Discover the value in being a key player who makes sure day-to-day business operations are efficient and smooth.
The spring cohort will take place from May 22, 2023 – June 30, 2023. Register online here by May 14, 2023.
Anyone accepted into the program can use the SOVA Innovation Hub coworking space for free during regular business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm for the duration of the program.
What is gener8tor Skills?
The gener8tor Skills Accelerator is a virtual, rapid reskilling program for people looking for jobs in high-demand roles in their communities or working remotely for companies across the country. The program utilizes the LinkedIn Learning platform to provide high-quality instruction in fields ranging from Customer Service to Software Development.
The program offers:
- Self-paced, virtual curriculum from Microsoft and LinkedIn to learn skills for a career as an Administrative Assistant
- One-on-one career coaching & long-term job placement support
- Lunch & Learns with industry experts
- Resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile coaching
- Job Interview preparation including mock interviews.
Learn more about the program on the gener8tor website. Please contact Mackenzie Herro, Skills Recruitment Manager for gener8tor at email@example.com for more information.