This fall, a new program called CO.STARTERS Generator is launching for students in grades 8 – 12 in Southern Virginia.
CO.STARTERS Generator is a modular self-paced program that helps teens explore their passions through generating, testing, and launching ideas. With the ability to choose which modules are best suited to your timeframe and concept. CO.STARTERS Generator is a great way to inspire youth with the vision, enthusiasm and tenacity needed to move from idea to action.
CO.STARTERS Generator Workshop
This workshop is your chance to experience the first module of the CO.STARTERS Generator program, first-hand, with our trained facilitators from Longwood University and the SOVA Innovation Hub.
Then, you’ll have the opportunity to continue the program by signing up for the online, self-paced course that starts in October 2021.
CO.STARTERS Generator Program
October 4, 2021 – December 10, 2021
Registration for the program ends October 31, 2021.
Important program dates
- The program runs October 4, 2021 – December 10, 2021
- Enrollment opens August 2, 2021
- Students must enroll and begin the course no later than October 31, 2021
- Learn at your own pace, with online modules you can access on your phone, tablet or computer
- Students are encouraged to partner with another student to form a team
- Meetups on Zoom to encourage student interaction
- Small group coaching available as needed via Zoom or phone call
- Option to pitch your business or social enterprise at the final group Zoom session
- Students in 8th – 12th grade who live and/or attend school in the following localities: Halifax, Mecklenburg, Brunswick, Lunenburg, Charlotte, Prince Edward, Cumberland, Nottoway, Brunswick, and Amelia Counties
- Open to public school, private school, and home school students
Awards and Prizes for Participants
- Every student who completes the online training will receive a certificate of achievement
- More details coming soon!
- There is no cost for this program, thanks to our program sponsors
- Enrollment will be capped at 50 students
Please contact Jacob Dolence at firstname.lastname@example.org.